Large calf muscles can be a result of excess body fat, muscle tissue or genetics. Although there is no such thing as spot reduction, you can use traditional weight-loss methods to remove any excess body fat and fat from your calves.
You can also perform lightweight resistance training exercises to avoid building bulky calf muscles.
Best Calf Workouts:
Exercising by doing squats to get slimmer legs is super easy. Squats are extensively useful to burn the fat from your legs. You can try various combos of squats, which yield diverse results. Follow the steps that are mentioned below to perform the squats:
- Keep your legs wide apart. Let the distance between them be about an arm’s length.
- Now, bring your butt down, by stretching your arms in the front.
- See that the critical force is being pushed upon your legs.
- Now get back to your original position.
- Repeat this for about 30 times.
- You can combine squats with simultaneous jumps. You can also make a choice of holding weights or dumbbells in your hands while performing squats. This would help you reduce more fat from your legs while performing squats.
2. Toe Lifts:
Practicing toe lifts is yet another important exercise to lose leg fat. Toe lifts specifically target the calf muscles of your legs and help in toning and making them slimmer and more slender. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Stand straight with your spine erect.
- Make sure that there is a shoulder length distance between your feet.
- Stand on your toes and try jumping but without losing contact with the ground.
- You can take the support of a nearby chair or table to regulate your balance.
- You can do these toe lifts as frequently as possible throughout the entire day. You can do this while you are standing at your workplace or anywhere else.