Walking is one of the most comfortable forms of exercising nowadays. Within 5 months of regular walking, you can lose more than 20 pounds and you can achieve this without visiting gym or putting yourself into specific diets. You can also shape up the muscles and improve your health while losing weight and inches from your waist. This type of exercising is very useful and everyone loves it, once you try it, you will feel the difference in your precious body.
How to Walk for Weight Loss
The calories that could be burned through walking depend on 2 factors: the body weight and the walking place. You could burn 400 calories in just 1 hour, if you walk with an average speed of four miles per hour.
Thus, you do not need to walk only four miles in just one day. You may walk 3 extra miles and burn 300 calories plus that day. Also, you may walk even shorter distance, you just need to adapt your body to your daily activities. Pedometer is going to assist you to burn more calories through walking and implementing your schedule.
Pedometers & Weight Loss
If you want to burn the excess pounds through walking, you need to buy pedometer or some wrist band that will daily monitor your progress. Also, this will boost your chances to achieve the desired results.
Pedometer is supportive accessory and you need to wear it very closely to the hip area. It does not weight at all and it has many properties. One of its best advantages is that it can inform you how many steps you are taking during the day.
How Much Steps You Need to Take to Lose Weight
Many people should take 2000 steps in 1 mile in order to burn the extra calories. You could burn 100 calories in 1 mile. Pedometer is going to monitor the steps and all you need to do is to walk more in your daily routine.
- 1 mile = 100 calories burned and 2000 steps
- 1 pound = 3500 calories
- Losing 1 pound per week = 500 calories per day
- You should walk 10 000 steps per day to lose 1 pound in 1 week.
Following there are some tips that will help you to adjust the walking when you are having a busy day:
- Instead of using bus each time you are going out, you should walk to your work and home, or you could simply get off the bus on halfway destination.
- Do not park the car on the certain destination, park it somewhere close and walk the rest of the way.
- You need to walk each time you have opportunities for that and try to avoid taxi or bus.
- Do not use elevators, use stairs instead.
Walk with the children to their school.
If you are having more sophisticated pedometer you could check the number of the pounds that you’ve lost and how many calories you’ve burned. This information will be very useful in order to get the exact picture of what you’ve achieved through walking.
The American Medical Association is recommending the usage of pedometer for more efficient and better weight loss control.
How to Keep the Interest for Walking
- If you are using the exact same track each day, it will become a boring routine.
- Try to walk in different areas, neighborhoods, parks or listen to your favorite music, that will be great motivation and will give you more energy to reach the goal.
- The cold weather should not be a problem for you. You could buy treadmill and watch the favorite movie or TV program while you are walking.
- Invite a friend or a family member to make you accompany during the walk.
- Change the routine and make it much more exciting.
Style of Walking
Some people are having less walking desire because they are having habits or routines they’ve developed during the years.
If you plan to use walking as an exercise you need to concentrate the eyes 100 feet forward and hold the chin up, squeeze the glutes, and tighten the abdomen in the same direction with the spine.
How Often You Should Walk
If you seriously intend to start with the daily walking routine, you need to ask your doctor for advice to tell you whether you are strong and healthy enough for this activity.
If the doctor approve your condition, at the beginning you have to walk three days per week for 15 to 20 minutes. After that, step by step you will be able to walk longer distances till you walk 30 to 60 minutes each day.
This is the most practical and easiest way to lose weight without having any specific diet regimes.