Yoga is a disciplined form of science and a way of life. It includes proper breathing control, poses (also known as asanas) and simple meditation. It is great for your physical and mental fitness as it enhances overall health. Yoga exercises essentially focus on a) proper rhythmic breathing to match the body movements b) moving body parts and internal organs to deliver maximum impact in desired areas. Yoga poses for weight loss are extremely popular and many people are opting for this ancient method to achieve a better body. Are you curious to know about yoga poses for weight loss?
Yoga for Weight Loss
Yoga is practiced globally for benefits like fitness, relaxation and personal well-being. But those who choose it for reasons like weight loss have only one dimension in mind. Yoga instead offers multiple benefits. One of them is steady and sustainable weight loss. When you practice yoga for weight loss, it tones your body and keeps your metabolism up longer thereby ensuring sustained calorie burn. Performing yoga asanas during sunrise keeps your mind fresh and alert throughout the day. Out of all forms of workouts for weight loss, yoga stands out because – It brings your breath, mind and body together.
Power Yoga for Weight Loss
The culture of gyms and fitness centers has evolved to a really huge industry. But yoga practice remains connected to the core disciplined values. Power yoga is a by- product of high intensity workouts, which is a modern way of doing yoga. Power yoga for weight loss works because it is more vigorous than the ancient yoga. In this method, coaches and instructors have amalgamated many aerobic and stretching exercises with yoga poses and proper breath. Power yoga for weight loss is a result oriented technique, which helps you shed more weight quickly and builds up stamina with the invigorating yoga workout. Power yoga is also known as ashtanga vinyasa yoga or gym yoga.
10 Yoga Poses for Weight Loss You Should Do Every Morning
Looking to add some yoga poses to your routine? Here are top 10 yoga asanas for weight loss you should do every morning.
1. Ardha Matsyendrasana – Half Lord of the Fishes:
How to perform Ardha Matsyendrasana yoga poses for weight loss (also called Vakrasana)?
- Sit on your heels and place your buttocks on the floor, to the left side of the legs.
- Bend the right leg, slowly take it over the left leg and place it on the outside part of the knee.
- Put your right hand behind your back, flat on the floor, while keeping your arms straight.
- Bring your left arm outside the knee that is bent and grasp the right ankle.
- Hold it for 30 seconds and repeat the other side as well.
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana:
It increases the flexibility of the spine, massages the abdominal muscles and improves functionality of digestive system.
2. Dhanurasana – The Bow Pose:
How to perform Dhanurasana yoga poses for weight loss?
- Lie down on the floor; with your face facing the ground.
- Keep your hands closer to your chest.
- Lift your thighs and legs up, by taking a deep breath.
- Simultaneously, try holding your legs with your hands.
- Hold the breath for 30 seconds and then repeat.
Benefits of Dhanurasana:
It helps in tone the muscles of legs and arms. The spinal flexibility improves your posture and acts as a stress reliever.
3. Uttanasana – Intense Forward-Bending Pose
How to perform Uttanasana yoga poses for weight loss?
- Stand straight; slowly inhale and raise your hands.
- Bend forward till you can touch the floor, pushing the buttocks back and your forehead touching the knee.
- If you are uncomfortable, bend as much as you comfortably can.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds. Increase this duration as you progress.
Benefits of Uttanasana
This is a great asana that stretches your hamstrings and also your abdominal muscles. Uttanasana also helps your relax and is good for your nervous system.